Share Your Time and Your Talent
As a volunteer for Village Neighbors you are at the heart of our organization and our efforts to reimagine aging and community.
When You Volunteer for Village Neighbors you Choose:
- the days and times when you are available (our scheduling software keeps track and sends reminders)
- the kinds of service you feel most qualified to do and would most enjoy
Meet Your Neighbors:
Chincoteague is filled with wonderful people you may not have met yet! Get to know your neighbors. Share in their history and life experience. Make new friends with members and other volunteers. Folks in other Villages we’ve talked with say these genuine connections are the biggest reward of volunteering.
Village Neighbors volunteers receive some initial training as well as ongoing support. Periodic sessions include guest experts who discuss issues related to aging. Both members and volunteers provide feedback on their experiences, so everyone learns and grows.
Volunteering Feels Good Because It:
- generates a feeling of purpose and connection
- keeps you physically and mentally active
- reduces stress and isolation
- creates the “happiness effect” like the feeling you get from a good workout!
Village Neighbors is fiscally sponsored by Island Community House a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2019.
757-336-1993 · VillageNeighbors@village-neighbors.org
6246 Mumford Street · Chincoteague Island, VA · 23336